Here are a few resources which some of our members have found useful. If there is anything you would like to be added please feel free to contact us.

Carers emergency card

If you live in Surrey you can apply for one of these cards from Surrey County Council – 03456 009 009. They will send you the card to fill out and carry around with you, so that should anything happen when you are with your child, they will be able to contact someone on your behalf.

Education – free downloads offer fantastic free downloads Key Stage 1 & 2 and special needs resources.  It has emotion cards, visual timetable resources, word cards, etc. It is easy to navigate and there are lots of links to other sites.


Portage is a home based teaching service provided by the LEA for very young children (0-3 1/2 years) with significant developmental delay or complex needs. You should be referred by your health professional as a matter of course, but you can actually refer yourself if needed. Contact details below:

North-east area team (Elmbridge, Epsom & Ewell and Spelthorne) – Tel: 01372 833588

North-west area team (Runnymede, Surrey Heath and Woking) – Tel: 01483 519148#

South-east area team (Mole Valley, Reigate & Banstead and Tandridge) – Tel: 01737 737777

South-west area team (Guildford and Waverley) – Tel: 01483 517179

Radar Key

The Radar key is a nationally used key that allows access to disabled toilets.  Epsom & Ewell Borough Council will sell you a key for £3, all you have to do is pay the money at the cash desk in the Town Hall, stating what it is for and then go to the reception desk, who upon presentation of the receipt will issue a Radar Key.  For Sutton Borough – buy at SCILL Disabilities Info, 3 Robinhood Lane, SM1 2SW. For Mole Valley buy at Help shop in Leatherhead High Street or Pippbrook Council Offices in Dorking.  Some Boroughs request that you show proof of disability such as DLA award or Blue Badge

Freedom Pass

Take a look at the Freedom Pass website information, to see what might be available for your child or young person to get free bus and train travel. Just email your local authority for a form and supply proof disability such as DLA award and proof of address.